Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Bird and Butterfly boudoir journal

Now that Christmas is over, I can show some of the boudoir books I made for gifts.  This natural one with the bird elements was for my son, Jeff's girlfriend, Jeanine, who  like my son, loves  hiking, the outdoors, nature, flowers, butterflies and dragonflies, this one is smaller than the ones I've made before at 7 by 3/1/2 inches and it's based on a you tube tutorial taught by Steffogal1 taught in very user friendly steps. 
 I used materials from  K&Company,  Mairposa and Engraved Garden  paper stacks, as well as materials ephemera and techniques from Tim Holtz, Prime and 7 Gypsies. 

Jeanine is also a writer and artist she can jot down notes, bird sightings, good artifact sites, keep photos of their outings, even stash bird feathers and small findings.  
This was one of my early attempts at making a portfolio style journal using the instructive tutorial Steffogal1 offered on her you tube channel.  I've been scrapbooking, making books and altered art journals for over twenty years and I think that by far, this is my absolute favorite format.   It has that Griffin and Sabine mystery hunting and treasure hunting aspect to it that makes me love turning every page - even when I made the journal.  Plus I love the fact this one project functions as a diary, photo album, journal and especially a keepsake holder thanks to the many pockets and envelopes.

On the cover, I used a sheet of paper from the Julianne paper stack by K&Company, then added two K&Company embellishments  flower and a bell jar showcasing a butterfly and flowers. The final touch was a fragment I made with a Tim Holtz fragment and a butterfly from the K&company Mariposa paper stack.

The second and third pages I used some Recollections open stock paper from Michael's and some more Mariposa paper.  The photo booklet is with paper from the Engraved Garden paper stack by K&Company and the tag is Mariposa.  the saying "It's a wonderful world" is form my stash.is from my stash.



On the third and fourth pages I used Mariposa and Julianne papers (the poppies and stripes) as well as a photo mat that looks like a mirror from K&Company's 2011 Halloween tag stacks.






The fourth and fifth pages are open stock paper on the left and Mariposa on the right with a border and title card and tag from my stash.








On the sixth page, I added a premade pocket and tag from the dollar bin at Michael's
the sixth and seventh pages were made with Mariposa and Recollections open stock paper and bling and embellishments from K&Company and a 7 Gypsies tucked into a pocket I added after trimming it with a Tim Holtz borders die on my Sizzix.

No comments:

Post a Comment